COLUMBIA – Today, Congressman James E. Clyburn is reminding constituents that there is still time to sign up for affordable health insurance through the Affordable Care Act Marketplace until January 15, 2022. For coverage beginning January 1, individuals must enroll by December 15. Due to the work of Democrats in Congress, the recently enacted American Rescue Plan has made enrolling in quality health insurance through the Marketplace more affordable and accessible than ever. Because of these new changes, 80 percent of individuals and families are now able to find a quality plan for just under $10 a month and more people are eligible to buy subsidized health insurance through the marketplace.
“COVID-19 has wreaked havoc on the health and wellbeing of our communities and has burdened many families with high medical costs. It is more important now than ever to ensure that families have access to quality, affordable health insurance,” said Congressman Clyburn. “When we passed the Affordable Care Act in 2010, our goal was to ensure all Americans have access to the health care they need. Under the American Rescue Plan, Democrats have continued this mission and have made health insurance more affordable than ever before. I encourage all South Carolinians in need of health insurance to visit the marketplace during open enrollment to get covered with an affordable plan today.”
Additional information to know:
- Open Enrollment on the ACA Marketplaces began on November 1, 2021 and will end on January 15, 2022. (However, in order to have coverage on January 1, you must enroll by December 15.)
- Financial help is available. Nearly 9 out of 10 people using HealthCare.gov qualify for financial assistance.
- If you have already had coverage through HealthCare.gov for 2021 you may save more by choosing a different plan for 2022. The deadline for taking action is December 15.
- Free help is available for signing up for coverage. If you have questions about signing up or want to talk through your options with a trained professional, free help is just a call or click away. Call the HealthCare.gov Call Center at 1-800-318-2596, visit Get Covered Connector, or visit https://localhelp/healthcare.gov.
- All plans on HealthCare.gov are quality plans. These plans are comprehensive and cover doctor’s visits, prescription drugs, emergencies, and hospitalizations.