Sign up to receive email updates
Congressional Art Competition
Today more than ever the arts are needed to teach our young people life long skills such as creative thinking, self-confidence, and problem solving. As a result, I gladly support the Artistic Discovery Contest sponsored by the Congressional Institue each spring. The Artisitic Discovery Contest is a nation-wide high school arts competition open to high school students across the United States.
If you reside in the 6th District of South Carolina, please read the information below. If you do not reside in the 6th District of South Carolina please visit, ..........
Art works entered in the contest must meet the following criteria:
- Be two dimensional
- Be no larger than 28 inches wide by 28 inches tall (including the frame) and may be up to 4 inches in depth (thick).
- Not weigh more than 15 pounds
- Be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws.
The art work may be:
- Paintings - including oil, acrylics, and watercolor
- Drawings - including pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, and markers
- Prints - including lithographs, silkscreen, and block prints
- Mixed Media
- Computer Generated Art
All entries must be an original in concept, design and execution and mailed to 1225 Lady Street, Suite 200 Columbia, SC 29201 by the due date.
Complete, print, sign and submit the 2011 Student Information/Release Form with your art.
Once your entry has been submitted a panel of local artists in the 6th District will select the winning entries which are then displayed for one year at the U.S. Capitol. Winners are recognized both in the district and at an annual Awards Ceremony in Washington, DC.
Check out previous winners and their artwork here: 2010 Art Competition Winners
* indicates information that you need to provide.