Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies
The Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies Subcommittee is accepting community project requests for the following accounts:
- BYRNE JAG
- COPS Technology and Equipment
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) – Operations, Research, and Facilities
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) – Safety, Security, and Mission Services
To see the full guidance from this Subcommittee, please click here. All requests must comply with underlying statutory and regulatory requirements.
To submit a request, click on the link for the appropriate account to download the submission template.
BYRNE JAG project requests
Byrne Justice Assistance Grants provide states, tribes, and local governments with funding to support a range of law enforcement, criminal justice, crime prevention, and related programs.
- Grants have been used for indigent defense, corrections and community corrections, drug treatment and enforcement, technology improvement, crime victim and witness initiatives, mental health programs, behavioral programs, crisis intervention teams, and related law enforcement and corrections programs.
- Cannot be used to purchase vehicles, vessels, luxury items, real estate, construction projects, or other similar prohibited items. See a full description of prohibited expenditures listed here. Requests that include prohibited expenditures will not be considered.
COPS Technology and Equipment
Grants for State, local, and tribal law enforcement to develop and acquire effective technologies and interoperable communications that assist in investigating, responding to, and preventing crime, provided that such equipment meets the applicable requirements of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Office of Law Enforcement Standards (OLES).
- Funds should be used to establish or enhance community policing efforts and should help improve police effectiveness and the flow of information among law enforcement agencies, local government service providers, and the communities they serve.
- Recipients may not subgrant to other organizations.
- Funds in this account have not generally been awarded to fund vehicle purchases or building renovations.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration--Operations, Research, and Facilities
Community project funding for NOAA will only be considered within the Operations, Research, and Facilities account. This account does not fund construction projects, and as such, any such requests will not be considered. Requests for funding will be considered for research, demonstration, or education projects performed by external partners or for prioritizing NOAA internal funds for geographically specific projects. Any such project must be aligned with NOAA’s mission and within their existing authorities.
- This account does not fund construction projects, and as such, any such requests will not be considered.
- Requests for funding will be considered for research, demonstration, or education projects performed by external partners or for prioritizing NOAA internal funds for geographically specific projects.
- Must be aligned with NOAA’s mission and within their existing authorities.
- The subcommittee will not entertain requests for the National Weather Service, the Office of Marine and Aviation Operations, Coastal Zone Management funds.
- Historically, the Committee has not funded vehicles or building construction or renovation as part of community project funding under this account.
National Aeronautics and Space Administration--Safety, Security and Mission Services
Funding must be for activities consistent with and supportive of the work of NASA’s mission directorates and within the agency’s authorities, such as STEM education activities and scientific research.
- Funding for building construction or renovation will not be considered.