Community Project Funding
Community Project Funding requests are a critical reform that will make Congress more responsive to the constituents of South Carolina’s Sixth District. Community project funding will produce projects with strong community support and restores balance on important decisions about how taxpayer dollars are spent. Requests must be for fiscal year 2022 funds only and cannot include multi-year funding.
All requests must be submitted by 11:59 PM ET on Friday, April 16.
To submit a Community Project Funding request:
- Click the link below corresponding to the Subcommittee that oversees the account from which you are requesting funds for your project.
- Download the template document corresponding to the account from which you are requesting funds.
- Read the directions and complete the template document with all information requested. Type your responses into each text box.
- Complete all supplemental questions on the template document.
- Save the template document using the file name format specified on the template.
- Email your fully completed request to Clyburn.Appropriations@mail.house.gov. Include any necessary attachments (such as an attached budget document, letters of community support, etc.) in your email submission.
Failure to submit all required information will result in an incomplete project request. Incomplete project requests cannot not be submitted to the Appropriations Committee for consideration for Community Project funding.
SUBCOMMITTEES AND ELIGIBLE ACCOUNTS
- Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Buildings and Facilities
- Rural Development, Rural Community Facility Grants
- Rural Utilities Service, ReConnect Grants
- Byrne Justice Assistance Grants
- COPS Technology and Equipment
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration--Operations, Research, and Facilities
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration--Safety, Security and Mission Services
- Research, Development, Test and Evaluation - Army
- Research, Development, Test and Evaluation - Navy
- Research, Development, Test and Evaluation - Air Force
- Research, Development, Test and Evaluation - Space Force
- Research, Development, Test and Evaluation - Defense-Wide
- Army Corps
- Bureau of Reclamation
- Small Business Initiatives
- Pre-Disaster Mitigation Grants
- Nonprofit Security Grants
- Emergency Operations Center Grants
- Construction and Unspecified Minor Construction - Active Components
- Construction and Unspecified Minor Construction - Reserve Components
- Planning and Design
- Federal land acquisitions through the Land and Water Conservation Fund.
- Environmental Protection Agency State and Tribal Assistance Grants for certain water infrastructure projects.
- Forest Service, State and Private Forestry
- Department of Transportation - Local Transportation Priorities
- Department of Transportation - Airport Improvement Program (AIP)
- Department of Housing and Urban Development - Economic Development Initiative (EDI)
- Department of Labor - Employment and Training Administration
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) —Program Management
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Department of Education—Innovation and Improvement
- Department of Education—Higher Education